- Little Ezra. Ms SS. Madam Lee. Madam Lim. One little boy and three elderly ladies.
- 2 elderly men, both tethered on life’s edge and back again. Back again to give thanks to God in a church service.
- Ms BS. Smart, educated and looked like awarm loving lady, incapacitated by long term illness. Gave thanks to God for others who could live normal lives.
- Ms YLT. Strong willed lady who willed her family through storms. Husband fought against stage 4 cancer and came out healed. Willed her children through poignant moments of challenges.
- Mr MS. Smart, successful, educated and warm and loving man who carried his family strongly in support.
- Ms N and Mr A J. Smart, energetic and sacrificial servants of God. Qualified business people, they headed offshore and have had to deal with wide range of challenges in serving God in obedience.
God has blessed us with a journey that helped us come into connection with such people in the past few weeks. Some closer than others, some more distant. Every one of those people touched us in ways which made us reflect on life, God and our journey on earth. These connections, whether by merely listening to them in a public forum or sitting in their kitchen listening to them, deepened my conviction that engagement and a desire to be there with and for someone is fundamental to ministry.
This is against type for me. I have been one for being by myself – in a corner at home reading a book, listening to a CD or watching a movie has always been a preferred activity for me. Yet this wasn’t what God did. He always wanted to engage with His people – be among them, eat, work, weep, teach and make lives better by being with His people. Jesus died so that God’s people can be with Him in perpetuity.
With about 4 weeks to Christmas, this message of Emmanuel is a timely one perhaps…
- Thank You, Little People (rachelogdenblog.wordpress.com)
- The Wills of the I Am (marciecramsey.wordpress.com)
- What I believe and will always choose to believe no matter what anyone has to say (arnoldashley93.wordpress.com)
- Will.i.am and Miley Cyrus Feelin Myself Music Video (elliesblog22.wordpress.com)
- The Incredible Journey to Me – 11/2/13 – The Incredible Journey of Will (merryelleinyellow.com)