I was reading a newsletter from the Institute of Public Affairs, which carried a promo on the English philosopher Roger Scruton who would be visiting Australia early next year.
I clicked on a couple of links on the newsletter and was immediately sucked in. A link to a you tube “clip” was an hour long and I thought I’d watch a couple of minutes to decide if I’d watch it later. I ended up watching the whole hour. It was an interview in the US in an organisation known as the “Common Sense Society” and the topic of discussion was mainly on moral relativism.
I’m now wondering if I’d seek out his books for reading over the summer months…
- Reaction vs. Neoreaction, and Roger Scruton vs. himself (orthosphere.org)
- Roger Scruton’s Church (juicyecumenism.com)
- Roger Scruton: “It is not the truth of Marxism that explains the willingness of intellectuals to believe it” (lifeondoverbeach.wordpress.com)
- Repost-‘Roger Scruton In The City Journal: Cities For Living–Is Modernism Dead?’ (chrisnavin.com)
- Scruton: The Law on “homophobia”? is like the show trials under Mao Tse Tung (fromrome.wordpress.com)
- Elitist … or revolutionary? Roger Scruton’s “Why Beauty Matters” (2009 BBC, Full Episode) (whatimpressedmemost.wordpress.com)