It’s exactly 4 weeks before summer officially starts. The cricket starts next Friday, when Australia is likely to be pummelled by the Proteas. Yet, it was a cool 9deg this morning as I waited on the platform at Blackburn station.
Apparently the weather people have changed their mind about this summer being a stinking hot one. It will now be a wet and not-very-hot summer. Bummer. That will also mean the 2012 vintage would be a very ordinary one. Another year to avoid, I guess.
It has now been about 6 weeks since I left the church board. The initial and unusual sense of there being unfinished tasks has ebbed almost completely. It is an unusual situation of me wanting very much still to be involved but deciding against it for unfamiliar reasons. How does one erase that completely…
Life is simpler now but I need to find fulfilment somehow, somewhere…
- Beckoning, reckoning, reaching my heart……. (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- The Bookshelf Beckons (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Election Over, Global Crises Beckon in Obama’s New Term – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Five Reasons to Unplug This Summer (lorensworld.com)
- When it Beckons (thedawnerupts.wordpress.com)