I had to pick myself up and try to run again. So I jumped on the treadmill yesterday and did a laborious 50 mins or so, doing just under 8km. Ditto this morning. I also started doing side bends with some weights; so pathetic is my core strength now. Doing sit ups on an inclined bench was also much tougher than I had expected. Big payback for all the indulgence of this past year or so.
Someone asked me recently why I had piled on the pounds. My take? There just isn’t any other source of fulfillment now, other than food. I feel demotivated in a lot of things, principally at work. I got to get off this trench, hopefully by running again and taking care of what I shove down the pie hole. I need to find some motivation from somewhere, which would replace food as that something I look forward to.
I guess doing 8km is better than not doing anything at all but I would love to do that in under 40 minutes again, not under an hour. And I want to be totally focused on work again.
- About. Last. Night. (theyearofwhatif.com)
- two hundred sit-ups challenge (fitnessteam.wordpress.com)
- Bella Bargain: Free Love Handler From Bliss (bellasugar.com)
- Work life balance. Yeah, right! (docrunsforhealth.com)
- Log: 15/02/2012 (gruntifyouneedto.wordpress.com)
- Log: 15/02/2012 (sweat.hanni.me)
- Getting to the Core of the Core (jessephysio.wordpress.com)
- Back Saver / Core Builder (notsocorporatewellness.wordpress.com)
- Log: 16/02/2012 (sweat.hanni.me)
- December 20, 2011 (jessalemoine.wordpress.com)
- Health Watch: Sit-ups alone don’t work. Your core matters, too (flowerblossoms.wordpress.com)
- 111226 Hårt och nyttigt (crossfitfysiken.wordpress.com)