Australia Day yesterday brought perfect weather to Melbourne. A top of 24 deg with a slight cool breeze and picture perfect sunny conditions saw a few of us sitting by the poolside of Gerry and Jesslyn’s new home, sipping a crisp white and nibbling at fruits and Chinese New Year biscuits. It was a little farewell party for Jesslyn’s mum, who was returning to Singapore after spending close to a year helping them with their beautiful 2 year old. The mum is affectionately known to all of us as Poh Ma Ma and we’re all better for having known her this past year.
We were there from noon, after Tress and I spent the morning grocery shopping and preparing a salad – with yummy barbequed chicken breast marinated in lemon pepper, paprika and tumeric. We only left after 7.30pm, got home and took Scruff to the park for a little bit, before settling down to watch the Federer v Nadal semi-final of the Aussie Open.
It was a perfect day in so many ways.
- Australia Day 2012 (pixelpx.com)
- Happy Australia Day! (adamliaw.com)
- Some Brisbane colour for Australia Day (australiatraveller.wordpress.com)
- Being Overseas on Australia Day (geekmadel.com)
- Happy Australia Day!!! (brideinwhite.wordpress.com)
- Some Brisbane colour for Australia Day (bagnidilucca.wordpress.com)
- Survival Day, the other side of Australia Day (radioadelaidebreakfast.wordpress.com)
- Happy Australia Day! (mrgadget.com.au)
- Australia Day (stusshed.com)
- Happy Australia Day (femaleimagination.wordpress.com)
One thought on “Australia Day”
Thank you for the heads up! If you live in Melbourne look for my sister’s wine. She does a great pinot noir – Curly Flat.
Comments are closed.