Less than 2 weeks after Mike Mullen named and (tried to) shame the Pakistanis for their role in supporting terrorism, Afghanistan has got in the act too. Harmid Karzai – he of the karakul hat fame – has now said the “Pakistani Islamic government” has not cooperated with Afghanistan in combating terrorism. Karzai has blamed Pakistan for Islamic terrorist troubles in Afghanistan.
For all of Greg Mortenson‘s alleged scandals, he did bring to light the issues of education in Pakistan and the consequences of bringing ammunition instead of books into the region and how the prevalence of madrasahs will often mean a continuing flow of militant Islamic fanatics.
Good on you, Karzai – it’s good to see you still there fighting away. It isn’t just your famous sense of fashion that’s keeping the attention of the world press on you.
- Karzai says peace talks should involve Pakistan – Reuters India (news.google.com)
- Rabbani killer was Pakistani: Karzais office (nation.com.pk)
- Talks with Taliban futile, Karzai says (theglobeandmail.com)
- Karzai abandons talks with Taliban – Boston Globe (news.google.com)
- Pakistan Rebukes Afghan Accusation on Peace Envoy Killing – Voice of America (news.google.com)
- Afghan President Says Talks with Taliban Useless (foxnews.com)
- Karzai reviewing Taliban peace strategy: spokesman – AFP (news.google.com)
- Rabbani killer was Pakistani: Karzai’s office – ABC Online (news.google.com)
- You: Haqqani network denies involvement in assassination of Afghan envoy (guardian.co.uk)
- Karzai: Pakis, not Taliban Should be at Peace Negotiations (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Why Pakistan supports the Haqqani network: Fear for its own security (diplomatieincarje.wordpress.com)
- Photo of the day: Camels, Karakul Lake, China (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- Panetta says defenses in Kabul must be improved (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Pakistani leaders to meet on crisis with U.S. – Reuters (news.google.com)
- You: AFGHANISTAN: Senior Haqqani commander captured in Afghanistan (france24.com)
- Cell phones link Pakistan to terror group (cbsnews.com)
- Senior Haqqani leader held in Afghanistan: NATO (windsorstar.com)