The Rural Development Fund of Australia has been funneled overwhelmingly to Labor constituencies. Over 70% of the $200million kitty has gone to Labor areas. Pork barreling is no strange deed in politics I guess and the Howard Government was also know to have done this, but I guess, this thread of parallels between these two governments are all too appalling clear to me.
Somehow I find myself switching off anything with Julia Gillard on. This morning in the gym, I was watching the Today Show on the treadmill as always, and the PM was on for almost 10 minutes. I had to switch to Seven’s Sunrise, much to my chagrin, that entire slot. I kept switching back to Nine’s Today and the PM was going on and on without giving any clear or honest answers.
I think her attempts to pin the asylum seeker farce on the Coalition is just shameless. It was all Rudd’s doing and in this matter, quite frankly the Coalition just cannot be faulted. Scott Morrison has been doing a terrific job and he has been the only politician from either side to point out the appalling record by Malaysian bodies such as RELA and the police, in their treatment of asylum seekers.
Although I haven’t lived in Australia all that long, I have lived through the Prime Ministerships of Bob Hawke, John Howard, Kevin Rudd and the current one. This current one is by far the worst I have seen. Get rid of her already.
- Gillard and Media Inquiry – More like Malaysia Everyday (godsmustardseed.com)
- How it is pitched (godsmustardseed.com)
- Vegemite lands Kevin Rudd in trouble at US Customs (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hands off my Vegemite, Kevin Rudd tells US airport staff (guardian.co.uk)
- Govt ‘dying of shame’, says Abbott (news.theage.com.au)
- Mickey Mouse won’t improve ALP: coalition (news.theage.com.au)
- BERSIH and Carbon Tax (godsmustardseed.com)
- Labor’s primary vote hits new record low (news.theage.com.au)
- Labor MPs to fight migration law changes (news.theage.com.au)
- Abbott signals no to migration law changes (theage.com.au)
- Towards a brave new Malaysia,keep lobbying and pushing for change! (rightways.wordpress.com)
- Smugglers are watching, Bowen warns Abbott (news.theage.com.au)
- Gillard inching closer to Najib Razak (godsmustardseed.com)