Step by step, the Gillard Government is becoming more and more like the UMNO Government in Malaysia. The issue now is control over media. Never mind what Senator Conroy said the inquiry is about – it is about shutting down criticism over the Gillard Government.
I dont like the Murdoch press myself – things like The Sun paper in the UK may be a lot of fun when you are young or drunk (or both) but it is appalling in all other respects. The way they (News of the World and Murdoch Press) go about getting leads and breaching privacy of the most vulnerable, is really disgraceful. There is no reason however, to think what happened in the UK is also a problem for Australia.
The only problem with the press in Australia is with Julia Gillard and Bob Brown, the Prime Minister of Australia. They dont want criticism. They want to shut down or control their critics. That is very Malaysian. Gillard and Najib Razak are looking more and more alike every day.
- Gillard Labor Minority Government … Ever So UMNOesque (godsmustardseed.com)
- If Bob Brown Gets His Australian Media Inquiry, It Has To Include The Left WIng ABC (truebluenz.com)
- Gillard inching closer to Najib Razak (godsmustardseed.com)
- Gillard to Present Changes to Migration Law After Court Ruling (businessweek.com)
- Cabinet all at sea on refugee solution (heraldsun.com.au)
- Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard Considers An Inquiry That Could Muzzle Her Critics (papundits.wordpress.com)
- Australia’s high court rejects Malaysian asylum-seeker deal (guardian.co.uk)
- Greens press government to support media inquiry (theage.com.au)
- Inquiry to look at media codes of practice (heraldsun.com.au)
- Australia sticks to Malaysia plan (iranianasylumseeker.wordpress.com)
- Gillard can win the next election in three easy steps (thepunch.com.au)
- Global Warming and the Carbon Tax … Nuts. (godsmustardseed.com)
- Greens willing to negotiate on domestic media inquiry (theage.com.au)
- No solution: Labor in disarray (theage.com.au)
- Mining royalty row threat (theage.com.au)