The climate change question is starting to look really farcical to me. If anyone – especially a lay person – is really interested in finding out if there really is global warming caused by human beings, at least of the sort which requires major modification to our industries and consumption, he can do a lot worse than start at this site (“Watts Up With That?”).
The scientists at IPCC are more politicians – the sort who elbow each other in a corporate environment to jostle for pole positions – than scientists. They stack peer review committees with fellow converts, and would not admit any views from the other side, even when such views are presented in normal scientific papers with normally accepted standards. If you only preach and listen to the converts, these puppies are more akin to climate change high priests of a closely guarded sect than an open scientific community.
At best, it is an issue for which the jury is still well and truly out. Why wreck the economy and livelihoods for this rubbish?
- Editor resigns over climate paper (bbc.co.uk)
- Clouds: The Wild Card of Climate Change (livescience.com)
- Journal editor resigns over ‘flawed’ paper co-authored by climate sceptic (guardian.co.uk)
- Al Gore and the silencing of debate (usapartisan.com)
- Communication Fail: Why the IPCC Must Do a Heck of a Lot Better in 2013 (desmogblog.com)
- Al Gore On Climate Change Deniers: It’s Crucial To ‘Win The Conversation’ (charlog.wordpress.com)
- Al Gore: People Should Stand Up To Climate Skeptics The Way We Stood Up To Racists (huffingtonpost.com)
- Donna Laframboise: The Journal of Climate & the IPCC (junksciencesidebar.com)
- Dioxycarbophobes attack scientists and GOP finally begins moves to defund carbon scammers and misanthropes (junksciencesidebar.com)
- Amazing Discovery: Sun Heats, Cools the Earth (dakotavoice.com)
- Editor who published controversial climate paper resigns, blasts media (arstechnica.com)
- New Report on Global Warming Contradicts U.N.’s IPCC (ironmill.wordpress.com)
- Global Warming and GOP Politics (papundits.wordpress.com)
- Laugh at the Libertarian (scienceblogs.com)
- Laugh at the Libertarian (freethoughtblogs.com)
- No, a new study does not show cosmic-rays are connected to global warming (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Good News On Manmade Global Warming (nationalspacestudiescenter.wordpress.com)
- Global “warming” alarmists double down on their stupid: Report blames increase in mental illness to…you guessed it…”climate change” (crushliberalism.com)
- Well, you knew someone would blame global warming for the weather (junksciencesidebar.com)
- Climate change concern tumbles in US and China | Damian Carrington (guardian.co.uk)
- You’re ‘Confusing Our Viewers’ On Climate Change (ritholtz.com)