Want to know what a recent expert study on climate change says? See the following excerpts, and you’d think the whole thing is uncertain enough to avoid implementing the carbon tax scheme, but then again we’re dealing with Gaia land maniacs here.
- Doubling of CO2 will only result in a 1 deg increase in warming (as opposed to at least 1.5 – 5.0 deg in other reports);
- Simple regression methods used by several existing papers generally exaggerate positive feedbacks and even show positive feedbacks when actual feedbacks are negative;
- The foregoing imply that the existing models are exaggerating climate sensitivity;
- The current models have serious coupling issues, where warming may have been wrongly associated with other factors; and
- The study was a follow-up on a previous one, addressing some feedback and criticisms on its previous approach.
It’s a serious, normal scientific endeavour, which shows if nothing else, climate change is a an issue on which the jury is still well and truly out. Given this uncertainty, why is the Gillard Government and her mob especially Bob Brown, Christine Milne and the Greens in general so hell bent on wrecking our economy, especially since even if the science is a settled issue, what Australia does in addressing emission will ever only have a totally negligible effect? Whatever Australia does, if it does it alone, will not change anything one bit.
- Abbott uses Iemma words to hit carbon tax (news.theage.com.au)
- Only in Tasmania – May be Bob Brown and Christine Milne should comment on this situation – BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | ‘Stoned wallabies make crop circles’ (rajcairnsreport.wordpress.com)
- ‘What kind of craziness is this?’ (heraldsun.com.au)
- Lindzen on getting the “special treatment” for publishing papers (wattsupwiththat.com)
- CO2 Tax Australia – A Fraud On The Australian People (papundits.wordpress.com)
- Greens Flex Their New Muscles in Australian Parliament (nytimes.com)
- Examining Dr. John Christy’s Global Warming Skepticism (treehugger.com)
- Climate Sins and the High Priests of Peer Review (blogs.forbes.com)
- Climate change: cloudy, with a chance of competing realities (arstechnica.com)
- Protest over Australia carbon tax (bbc.co.uk)
- Carbon tax to cost 23,000 Victorian jobs (heraldsun.com.au)
- Combet admits carbon tax concerns (news.theage.com.au)
- Carbon tax to hit just 400 polluters (news.theage.com.au)