I was just catching up on Malaysian news this morning (given I am relatively free now) – on 9 July a big rally is planned for free and fair elections, by a movement known as “BERSIH” (Coalition for Free and Fair Elections).
The main champion for this is Ambiga Sreenevasan, an ex Skrine lawyer who now has her own firm. She was the one who received the US Secretary of State‘s Award for International Women of Courage Awards presented by Hillary Clinton. She is a much respected lawyer in Malaysia.
As usual, PERKASA is making very bad noises to threaten the rally. They have organised their own march against the rally. As usual, the government warned against the BERSIH rally but police has given permit for the PERKASA march – usual rubbish by Malaysian police and government.
It doesn’t require someone of Ambiga’s stature to show up the intellectual and moral pigmies who make up UMNO, the ruling Coalition that is BN and the hangers on who line their own pockets in keeping these morons and bandits in power.
But when she does appear on the scene, the UMNO and BN look downright pathetic.
Its henchmen in PERKASA sound even more stupid and oafish, the sort of fools who are dangerous for thinking they aren’t.
I am thrilled with the efforts of Ambiga and those who stand with her, and BERSIH. I hope my friends who will be in Malaysia on 9 July, take caution but be courageous and stand against the folly, thievery and moral contempt that UMNO and BN wallow in.
That a person like Ambiga should stare down the cretins in UMNO will be particularly riling.
In this brave, intelligent and honourable woman is an amalgam of elements twerps like Ibrahim Ali and others in his pack cannot stand, and certainly do not expect to be a formidable foe.
She is an Indian, a woman and a lawyer. Together, these elements embody the definition of a nemesis for the brand of hackneyed form of bigotry which has been tiresome and should have been gotten rid off with the C4 their master is wont to resort to.
Most of us are sick of them and would sooner spit them out and flush them out of our lives altogether. My disdain for their ilk is such that when I cease to loathe them I would safely claim victory in my personal strife in my journey as a Christian. It would be a miracle of Lazarus proportions for me to cease despising this lot with utter abomination. They are my cross.
For now, I am quietly enjoying the moment when someone like Ambiga Sreenevasan quietly and with dignity, give these gnats the flick.
- Bersih 2.0 for Electoral and Institutional Reform (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- People in bersih 2.0 (eekaa.wordpress.com)
- Post 57th Muktamar: PAS has a very credible team for GE13 (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- PERKASA:1Bumiputera will go ahead (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- Sarawak 2011 Elections: No Cause for BN Celebrations (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- The Real Enemy of Malaysia……. by Mariam Mokhtar (rokuth.wordpress.com)
- Is Perkasa the Malaysian Monty Python in disguise? (godsmustardseed.com)
- The politics of hope and liberation: The path towards democratising Malaysia (malaysiasdilemma.wordpress.com)
- The politics of hope and liberation: The path towards democratising Malaysia (malaysiachronicles.wordpress.com)
- Perkasa: Nazri a half-past-six minister (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- 13th General Election: Najib’s Unsettled mind? (afyassin.wordpress.com)
- Umno is racist with ‘klux klux klan’ type wings (snoopyjnr.com)
- UMNO’s Political Culture hinders any Unity deal with PAS (dinmerican.wordpress.com)