The transfer market in the English Premier League is sounding really busy. United has apparently picked up central defender Phil Jones from Blackburn. I’ve noticed him before and thought he’s a quite an all action attack-the-ball kind of player. Sort of like Vida himself. Experts think he’s a John Terry in the making but Phil Jones will be his own man. He’ll be better than Terry because apparently he can hold his own as a defensive midfielder as well. I reckon it won’t be long before he overtakes Johnny Evans in the pecking order and I like to think Chris Smalling and Phil Jones will step into the shoes of Ferdinand and Vidic. A colleague (a United man of course) was just saying to me Fergie is thinking of selling Wes Brown, O’Shea and Gibson all to Sunderland. Apparently the collective price is only 12m – surely Brucie is not that great a mate to SAF? These are good squad players to have so I hope Fergie has a good backup plan. Maybe some youngsters are coming through the ranks. O’Shea has been reported however, to want to stay and fight for his place. It would be a crowded defensive squad he has to fight in and talent wise, he’d had to work pretty hard but hats off to him for wanting to have a go. Fergie is rebuilding – again.
- Allardyce backs Phil Jones to succeed at Manchester United (independent.co.uk)
- Manchester United Sign Phil Jones From Blackburn Rovers (sbnation.com)
- Blackburn’s defender Jones set for Manchester United (independent.co.uk)
- United close in on Jones (mirror.co.uk)
- Fergie’s gift to the next United manager (thefaithfulmufc.wordpress.com)
- Phil Jones: A man of great promise (manutd24.wordpress.com)
- Blackburn Rovers defender Phil Jones having medical ahead of 16 million pounds move to Manchester United (goal.com)