Apple is juicy – loads of moolah. It has a cash reserve of USD66billion. That is half of what Google is worth as a whole – the enterprise value, in fact. It is also more than the entire combined market cap of Nokia, RIM (Blackberry) and Motorola Mobility. It is also larger than any hedge fund in the world. Technically with that kind of cash reserves, Apple could stop selling tomorrow and run for the next 7 years. So really, why not just give out free iPad 2 to some poor students especially in some third world countries? If it uses just a fraction of that reserve for charity, it would have Bill Gates’ charity foundation pale into comparison. You’ve got to love Apple.
- Apple’s cash pile worth more than market caps of Nokia, RIM and Motorola Mobility (9to5mac.com)
- Apple cash worth more than caps of RIM, Nokia, Motorola (electronista.com)
- No Revenue? No Problem. Apple Could Survive On Cash Reserves ‘Til 2018 (macstories.net)
- 7 fun facts about Apple’s cash (tech.fortune.cnn.com)
- If Cash is King, Apple’s is an Emperor (asymco.com)