United’s practically there – Wembley’s almost sealed for 28 May. What was really good this morning though were the following:
- Giggsy and Raul exchanging shirts after the game. Two veterans who never say die and are near perfect ambassadors for the game. One is the oldest person ever to score in a Champions League game and the other is the highest ever scorer.
- Sir Alex going up to Neuer after the game with a quiet word. He looked like he was seeking out the man who saved Schalke from embarrassment tonight, hopefully with a cajolling word to get him to Old Trafford next season.
- Finally there were footage showing the delivery of the Champions League Trophy to Boris Johnson. Graeme Le Seux was there as an ambassador of the UEFA Wembley 2011. What a credit Le Seux has turned out to be. I remember his spat with Robbie Fowler during his Chelsea playing days and the classless Fowler was with Liverpool. Where is Fowler now? Le Seux is respected and has a place in the game still. Fowler is instead probably still sniffling white powder and ribbing those who have earned their places in society.
Great morning for the ECL!
- Inexperience doesn’t worry Ralf (best-football-players.com)
- Can Fergie get one over on the Germans? (footballfancast.com)
- Ralf Rangnick says Schalke’s hunger for success can take them to final (guardian.co.uk)