I will always remember the Boxing Day Test match in the MCG in 2005. Ricky Ponting scored centuries in both innings against South Africa and I was there in the MCG in the first inning. A mate rang to ask I come to his barbie but I said I was at the MCG and wouldnt miss what looked like the Punter’s tonne – my first in the G. I’m glad I hung around for the landmark and it was special.
Thanks for the memories, Punter.
- End of Ricky Ponting’s Era (cricketpedia.org)
- Spare a Thought for Punter (flowofthoughtz.wordpress.com)
- Ricky Ponting quits as Australia captain (theage.com.au)
- Ricky Ponting’s the next Scott Draper (Humour) (maketimeforsports.com)
- Precious Punter’s on-field dummy spit (heraldsun.com.au)