Harry Chapin‘s “Cat in the Cradle” first made its way (for me anyway) into Christian sermons maybe 10 years ago, when I first heard it from Ravi Zachariah. Yesterday Daniel Tong from the Singapore Anglican church mentioned it again.
I think this will become a stronger and stronger theme among the husbands and fathers in growing families. How does one keep the balance between providing for the family and keeping the relationship and bond alive? Pursuing work and career is often a slippery slope for many. It remains a holy grail for them.
You can watch a clip of Chapin doing a live rendition here.
- Six Degrees of Your iPod: From Barenaked Ladies to Harry Chapin (musiccourt.wordpress.com)
- Emo-Wall For Dads (deegeesbb.wordpress.com)
- Harry Chapin 30th Anniversary – Daily Post #14 (musicofourheart.wordpress.com)
- Harry Chapin – Short Stories – Daily Post 2011 #9 (musicofourheart.wordpress.com)
- Your Cat’s NOT in My Cradle (marybiever.wordpress.com)